Thursday 15 November 2007

Calm down to a frenzy guys

Reading Lib Dem blogs over the last few days, I would strongly suggest that it's time to calm down to a frenzy and start getting life into some form of perspective over the leadership contest.

I'm open about backing Chris for leader but you won't find me posting such incredibly rude headings such as "Just how low will Huhne's supporters go" or "Avoiding the question" as posted by two obviously pro-Clegg supporters. I'm sure that there are similar inflamatory postings by pro-Huhne bloggers too.

Come on folks, we're all going to have to work together after the leadership contest and no matter who wins we should be in a radical, reinvigorated party which will have a clear sense of unity and purpose. My friend Caron http://carons-musings.blogspot.com/ is supporting Nick, I'm supporting Chris and we are sure as hell not going to fall out over this. If we can behave like adults why can't everyone else?

7 comments:

Nich Starling said...

Actually, I have been undecided, publicly so, and have praised both candidates. But hey, to hell with the facts, label me a Clegg supporter if it fits your argument.

Duncan Borrowman said...

As I have said at
http://tinyurl.com/3dfd85

Anonymous said...

Hear, hear. I'm not holding my breath though.

Anonymous said...

Iain - being careful what you say must also apply to yourself! We're a very small party and that guy you pour vitriolic hate on really will come back to haunt you...possibly professionally! ;@)

Anonymous said...

I have just finished watching 'Question Time'. I'm voting Huhne but, hell, either of them will do!

Unknown said...

I have very good friends in both camps and I tend to agree with Duncan that it's because we have such a narrow choice that things are getting so fraught.

I think also that we have to remember that whatever we say on here in the heat of the moment could appear on a leaflet written by our opponents in 3 or 6 months' time.

Iain Rubie Dale said...

As usual sense from both Caron and Duncan. Not too sure about the slightly sinister anonymous comment though.