Wednesday 2 January 2008

The great mystery of the New Year card

On returning from a joyful time with Catherine and her family, in Perth, at Christmas, I found an anonymous happy new year card on my doormat, which was delivered by the postie.

The address was almost correct but omitted my house number and postcode.

Text inside said:

"Just realised you were back in Irvine"
"Will be in touch"
"Long time not heard from you."
"a long lost friend"

The handwriting is obviously female and I admit to a fair bit of history in my past. The postmark was unreadable but a Scottish 1st class stamp was used. I've also been back in Irvine since July 1999 and have stood for Scottish Parliament twice and Council thrice, which makes me think that the sender no longer resides locally.

There are a number of people with whom I've fallen out of touch with over the years, and regret this, but am utterly intrigued by this card and hope that whoever sent it does get in touch with me.

I hope you all had a very happy New Year and that 2008 brings all you desire from it.

No comments: