Friday 9 February 2007

Jings, crivvens & help ma boab!

Standing at the back door having my usual ciggie this morning I casually glanced at my calendar and realised, with a sense of bladder weakening terror, that i'll know my fate regarding election to North Ayrshire Council in a mere 12 weeks today as the Council elections are being counted electronically on the day after polling day.

Between then and now I have to deliver many thousands of leaflets. Then of course there is all the rest of normal election stuff. Not forgetting my duties as Scottish Parliament PPC for Cunninghame South, my day job with Elspeth and, very importantly, finding time for the Lady who lives in Kinross-Shire, who also happens to be standing in a winnable ward for Perth & Kinross Council. Then there's the small matter of being in Aviemore for 5 days next week for Scottish Spring Conference - NO SNOW PLEASE!

A positive aspect of all this activity is that my home town of Irvine has likely never seen so much Lib Dem campaigning - I just hope that all this work will bear fruit at the ballot box and I can be the 1st Liberal elected in Irvine for over half a century. My grateful and heartfelt thanks go to the small, but perfectly formed, team who are helping out. But, sometimes, just sometimes, I think: Can I have my life back please?

No comments: