Friday 18 July 2008

A confession of idiocy

Having not been keeping too well for most of the week and still feeling a bit below par I decided that I'd make an effort to get into the office this morning. Up at 06.30 and Catherine drove us up to her Parent's house for showers (our boiler has broken down for the third time in 8 weeks so no hot water or heating), then a quick coffee before getting dropped off at Perth railway station for the 08.13 to Glasgow (£21.70 return). I arrived in the office just after 09.15 and was surprised to find the door locked and the place in darkness. Having made the assumption that my colleagues were over in Glasgow East helping with the by-election I started wading through my email. Then a slight concern started niggling at the back of my mind - wasn't there something I'd forgotten to do? Checked my diary and nothing in it for today. Then went online to Elspeth's electronic diary and what should I find?

Today is Glasgow Fair Friday and our office is closed for the public holiday!
How foolish do I feel now? Very, very, very.

At least I know in advance that Monday is also a holiday and my Sister-in-law will get her birthday card and present sent in time. Might also have a look at the summer sales too.

2 comments:

Stephen Glenn said...

Well get thee to Shettleston then.

Unknown said...

Well, that's great, cos it meant that you would have lots of time for leafletting in Glasgow East.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does things like that.